Online Academy understands that you do not wish to share your personal and study data with everyone. For this reason, Online Academy treats this information with due care. Online Academy abides by the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). However, Online Academy does require access to your data to be able to provide proper support. In this statement, Online Academy explains which data it requires of you and the purposes for which it is processed.
Storage of your data
Online Academy stores the personal data it receives from you or your employer. This includes, for example, the data Online Academy receives upon subscription (also when this process is terminated), when registering for a newsletter or contacting Online Academy by telephone or e-mail. The personal data we store and retain include the following:
- Name (forename and surname), address details and other contact data.
- Data relating to your subscription, including payment details.
- Your feedback on the training courses and all other information you provide.
- Results if any and whether you have (successfully) completed the training courses.
Use of your data
Online Academy uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Registration and administration of your chosen subscription.
- Providing your chosen online training courses.
- Conducting analyses enabling Online Academy to enhance its service provision.
- Providing advice on training courses on offer.
- Keeping you updated on our products and services.
- Sending you the documents/information you requested and responding to your questions.
- Complying with all education-related legislation applicable to us, as prescribed by the national and regional governments.
- Online Academy anonymises the personal data it uses to conduct analyses. Therefore in our analyses, you will not be recognisable.
- Online Academy may make your personal data available to its accreditation organisations. To obtain and retain its accreditation to provide courses, Online Academy is required at times by law to grant the relevant accreditation committees access to personal data. Online Academy keeps such access to a minimum.
- In some cases, Online Academy cooperates with external service providers such as teachers and examination centres. They may use your data only for services that relate to your courses. They may not contact you for other purposes or transfer your data to third parties.
- Finally, governmental bodies or other parties may require Online Academy by law to share your data. In such cases, Online Academy will only share whatever data is strictly required.
Newsletter and subscriber file
In our newsletter, we update interested parties on our services and associated developments. Online Academy will add your e-mail address to the newsletter subscriber list subject to your consent. Every newsletter contains a link which enables you to unsubscribe and/or to adjust your preferences.
Security and data retention period
Online Academy takes appropriate and up-to-date security measures to keep your personal data secure against misuse and access by unauthorised parties. Online Academy will retain your personal data for as long as is required by law. In the interest of improving its services, Online Academy may retain your data for a longer period. However, if it does so, Online Academy will always anonymise your data.
Accessing, correcting, updating and removing your data
You are free to access and/or correct or update your data at any time. If you take out a subscription with Online Academy, you can view and update your most important data on the "My settings" page.
In addition, you may request Online Academy to delete and to discontinue using your data. In a number of cases, you may state that you want your data to be used to a limited extent only by Online Academy. Digital data such as subscription details can also be converted to a printable format for you by Online Academy.
If you wish to take any of the above actions, please contact us. Online Academy will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but at any rate within 4 weeks. If you wish to have your data removed, Online Academy will verify whether this is legally possible (at that time). If Online Academy is not permitted by law to remove your data (at that time), it will notify you accordingly and state the earliest date on which this data may be removed for you.
If you are not satisfied with the manner in which we use your data, please feel free to contact us (click here for contact details).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA).
Use and operation of cookie
In addition to cookies which for example will save you having to enter certain data more than once, Online Academy makes use of functional, analytical and advertising cookies.
Change cookie settings
Operation of functional cookies
Online Academy makes use of functional cookies to ensure that the website works well. They enable Online Academy for instance to quickly display the correct information when you visit the website. Functional cookies are always saved on your computer. You will not be prompted to grant your permission for this use.
Functional cookies used by Online Academy
- Cookie notification cookie The Cookie notification cookie remembers whether your computer does or does not accept advertising cookies, ensuring that Online Academy can adjust its advertising accordingly and that this notification does not reappear.
- Login cookie The login cookie allows you to log in to Online Academy.
Operation of analytical cookies
Online Academy makes use of analytical cookies to analyse how visitors use its website. For instance, they record how often the website is visited, which page served as the landing page and which pages had the most clicks. Online Academy uses this information to improve the website. Analytical cookies, too, are always saved on your computer. You will not be prompted to grant your permission for these.
Analytical cookies used by Online Academy
- Act-On cookie The Act-On cookie records which pages you visit. This allows Online Academy to share relevant information, for instance, by e-mail, if you have entered such data when downloading or purchasing a product on its website. To find out how Online Academy ensures that such data remains private, read the Act-On Privacy Statement.
- Google AdWords cookie The Google AdWords cookie records the advertisement you clicked to visit our website. To find out how Online Academy ensures that such data remains private, read the Google Privacy Statement.
- Hotjar cookie The Hotjar cookie records where you click on something on the website. This allows Online Academy to improve the website experience. To find out how Online Academy ensures that such data remains private, read the Hotjar Privacy Statement.
- Visual Website Optimizer cookie The Visual Website Optimizer cookie records where you click on something on the website. This allows Online Academy to improve the website experience. To find out how Online Academy ensures that such data remains private, read the Visual Website Optimizer Privacy Statement.
Operation of advertising cookies
You will receive a prompt when an attempt is made to place advertising cookies, asking you to grant permission to have them saved. If you have granted permission, Online Academy allows third parties to place advertising cookies on its website. Online Academy also places advertising cookies on the website of third parties. Online Academy can combine the information from these advertising cookies. Online Academy does this to be able to display advertisements that might be useful to you, based on your online activity. It does so on its own site and on the sites of third parties.
Advertising cookies used by Online Academy
- Doubleclick-cookie The DoubleClick cookie records the pages you view on our website, allowing Online Academy and other parties (on acceptance of advertising cookies) to display advertisements on its (partner) websites which may be of use to you, such as personalised offers. To find out how Online Academy ensures that such data remains private, read the DoubleClick Privacy Statement.
- Facebook-cookie The Facebook cookie records the pages you view on our website, allowing Online Academy (on acceptance of advertising cookies) to display advertisements on Facebook which may be of use to you, such as personalised offers. It also allows Online Academy to see that you have landed on its website via a Facebook advert. To find out how Online Academy ensures that such data remains private, read the Facebook Privacy Statement.
- Google Analytics cookie The Google Analytics cookie records how you use the website. Online Academy uses this information to prepare reports on Internet usage. If they have accepted the use of advertising cookies, Google Analytics target groups are also shared with Google AdWords to display advertisements on Google partner sites which may be of use to you. To find out how Online Academy ensures that such data remains private, read the Google Privacy Statement.
- LinkedIn cookie The LinkedIn cookie records the pages you view on our website, allowing Online Academy (on acceptance of advertising cookies) to display advertisements on LinkedIn which may be of use to you, such as personalised offers. It also allows Online Academy to see that you have landed on its website via a LinkedIn advert. To find out how Online Academy ensures that such data remains private, read the LinkedIn Privacy Statement.
- Relay42 cookie The Relay42 cookie records the pages you view on our website, allowing Online Academy to display items of interest to you on its own websites and (on acceptance of advertising cookies) to display advertisements on external websites which may be of use to you, such as personalised offers. To find out how Online Academy ensures that such data remains private, read the Relay42 Privacy Statement.
Data Protection Officer
Online Academy has a data protection officer who is tasked with supervising the application of the privacy regulations and compliance therewith.
Amendments to the Privacy and Cookie Statement
Online Academy may amend this Privacy and Cookie Statement. If you would like to know how Online Academy protects and uses your data and which cookies it uses for which purposes, we recommend that you regularly read this Privacy and Cookie Statement. Online Academy most recently amended this Privacy and Cookie Statement on 10 August 2018.